Our Diabetes Center
The Endocrine Centre Inc. offers a “patient centred”, science-based approach for managing:
i. Insulin-dependent (type-1) diabetes
ii. Complex or complicated type-2 diabetes
iii. Monogenic diabetes, including neonatal diabetes and maturity onset diabetes of the young (MODY)
Our team integrates the latest research into clinical practice, which gives our patients access to the most advanced diagnostic and treatment services and provides two service options to help people manage their diabetes:
In this approach, patients benefit from a full evaluation that results in an individualized diabetes management plan that the patient follows under the care of his or her primary/referring physician. This thorough treatment plan addresses all aspects of managing the patient’s diabetes and any related complications. Our team will use previous test results and may conduct additional diagnostic tests such as advanced laboratory analysis, genetic testing, or other methods of evaluation.
Ongoing Disease Management
Under this scenario, after a thorough evaluation by our team, a patient can choose to become a continuing patient at our center.
Why Choose Us?
Regionally Renowned Doctors
- Leaders in diabetes care and treatment, and is one of only a few endocrinology centres in the Caribbean.
- Our staff are confident and highly knowledgeable into autoimmune disorders, the genetic foundation of diabetes, beta-cell biology and molecular function, and islet transplantation.
- We offer aggressive testing for diabetes-related heart disease, kidney disease, retinal disease, neuropathies, and other potential complications.
- All patients have access to the newest glucose sensor technology and monitoring devices. Patients receive one-on-one education on how to use these important devices.
- Our insulin pump program offers options to select specific technology that best fits each patient’s needs.
- Persons living with diabetes and other chronic illnesses, such as hypertension, celiac disease, thyroid problems, or polycystic ovary syndrome, benefit from customized treatment plans that take into account how best to manage diabetes when other health problems are present.
- Teens with diabetes receive special care through our transitions program that helps them manage their diabetes as they grow into adulthood.
- Patients who require surgery can receive expert care through procedures/ programs in transplantation (heart, lung, liver, kidney, and pancreas), cardiac surgery, orthopaedic surgery, vascular surgery, and bariatric (weight loss) surgery.
Classes & Support Groups
- Diabetes Education
Listen: The Truth About Diabetes
Listen: National Diabetes Awareness Month
- Diabetes Centre
- Endocrine Cancers
- Comprehensive Hypertension Center
- Osteoporosis & Metabolic Bone Disease
- Center for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Weight Management